Tuesday 12 June 2012

Mango, chili and lime salsa


Sweet and Spicy



I love Mexican food, a lot.  I love a lot of spice, however sometimes it does need a little cooling down and this is perfect because it’s spicy and fruity and really punches with flavour.

I recently went to http://www.cortinas.ie/ for dinner and it was beautiful and I had this, as I’m not a lover of tomato based salsa and it was just beautiful.

Now Cortina’s is not exactly Weightwatchers friendly but the food is delicious and one must remember to have a treat.  All work and no play make Jack a very dull boy. Bearing this in mind, this was my treat and how I spent my weeklies and it was well worth it.

Now I’m sure that the restaurants version of this has more than what I added to it but I made it as is and it was gorgeous and the best part about it is that it has a Weightwatchers Propoints Value of 0.  So enjoy it when you’re having your homemade Mexican food.

Weightwatchers Propoints per recipe 0
Weightwatchers Propoints per serving 0
Serves, about 8 I got 8 out of it.

Ingredients

1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 Tbl of garlic granules
Quarter of minced red onion
1 Tbl of Coriander
2 small chili peppers very thinly sliced (or to taste go more or less, with or without seeds if you choose)
2 Tbl of freshly squeezed lime juice
1 Tbl of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions


Place the mango, onion, red pepper and the juices into a food processer and blitz.  It ok to still have bits in it, you could have this more chunky but this is how I chose to do mine and how I like my salsa.

Add the garlic and stir to combine.  Add the thinly sliced chili.  Season with salt, pepper and the coriander.  Mix well, cover with cling film and allow the flavors to blend in the fridge for a short amount of time.  20 minutes is fine. 

Remove from fridge just before serving.



Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don’t have too!


2 comments:

  1. I'm a big Cortina's fan so having gone back to WW recently I was worried I wouldn't be able to indulge so much, with recipes like this available that fear has gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, I was the same and especially spicy food. Cortinas food is delicious and nobody wants to give up all tgere treats. I hope you find it helps and good luck with your weightloss journey

      Delete